NOTICE | If your project has required IRB approval, please attach all approval documents, and write the approval number on the checklist paper.
Thank you for your interest in submitting to the Undergraduate Research Journal of Indiana University South Bend during the current academic school year! This year's deadline for submissions is Friday, February 10, at 11:59 p.m. The upcoming edition of the Undergraduate Research Journal will be available in April. Check back to see important updates to the deadline.
Please be aware, a qualified faculty member of your choice must first review your submission before submitting to the URJ. A qualifying faculty member may be one of the following: a class instructor, faculty advisor, or an instructor in the area of research from which your paper originates. There is a Faculty Checklist (to be updated) that must be filled out by your instructor and sent in along with your manuscript. This checklist contains the criteria with which your paper must meet before submission to the URJ. Please provide your instructor this document or a link to it to fill out. In addition, you may download the
Following review of your paper manuscript from your qualified faculty member, it is the author's responsibility to return these items to the URJ.
Submission by email is required.
With much thanks and appreciation for your anticipated participation.
Novel Research Paper Guidelines
Below are guidelines to aid in the submission process. These guidelines cover the basic paper requirements your faculty member with be following. Please kindly note, all of these guidelines must be met before submitting a paper to the URJ.
Please provide the following in one document, along with the PDF checklist completed out by your instructor. Please send only these two documents.
- Paper must meet the following typeset requirements:
- Paper must be 5-20 pages
- Times New Roman (or similar), 12 pt. font
- containing the title page, author, contact information (email and phone)
- 100 word or less abstract manuscript body
- Paper submissions to the URJ must be made electronically. Printed drafts are NOT acceptable. final versions must be made in the following electronic formats: Latex (Please contact the editor if you have a scientific paper for more information) and Microsoft® Word® ONLY.
- The URJ considers the following research: no review papers, original research (i.e. laboratory) or novel ideas on others' research, and a minimum of 3 appropriate references.
- No specific citation formats are required; however, citations of consulted literature must be appropriately formatted and consistent with the paper's academic area (i.e. APA, MLA, CBE, etc).
- Research must have been completed while an undergraduate IU South Bend student. REU's and other off-campus research programs are acceptable as long as you were an IU South Bend student. However, work completed by transfer students for their previous institution does not qualify (i.e. transfer student from IU Bloomington completes research with IU Bloomington faculty does not qualify).
- Paper submissions must be written in an interpretable manner to general audiences.
- Copyright agreement