Transfer Students and Campuswide General Education Requirements
All students who transferred into IU South Bend in Fall 2005 or after are required to complete general education courses. New General Education requirements for transfer students will begin in Fall 2021 with the new General Education curriculum. Students who transferred to IU South Bend prior to fall 2021 will remain under the previous General Education requirements. See the Campus Bulletin for specific requirements based on the year of enrollment at IU South Bend. Students who are returning to classes but who originally enrolled prior to Fall 2005 should check with their academic program about general education requirements.
Students who have met the ICC/STGEC milestone at another campus before transferring to IU South Bend should refer to the section after this one (Indiana College Core). For those who have not, the following apply:
Students who transfer in less than 45 credit hours are required to complete the entire General Education curriculum (some of these requirements may be fulfilled with transfer course work).
Students who transfer in 45 credits or more or an Associate's Degree are required to complete the following general education courses (some of these requirements may be fulfilled with transfer course work):
- Writing | ENG-W 131
- Oral Communication | SPCH-S 121
- Critical Thinking | one approved course
- Quantitative Reasoning | one approved math course or Level 6 on math placement exam
- Common Core Course | one approved 300–level course in any category
- Either Global Cultures or Diversity in United States Society | one approved course
- One of the following approved options in the Extended Literacies
- Information Literacy | one tagged approved course or COAS-Q 110 Information Literacy