The WAIVER REQUEST in Microsoft Forms is the first step to posting a waiver for a faculty position at IU South Bend.
The following steps are to be completed.
- Once the position has been approved for hire by the Office of Academic Affairs, the search committee chair/dean/administrative assistant will complete a MICROSOFT FORM found at https://forms.office.com/r/cZjeJrBX2s. The person completing the form must be logged into the system using their IU credentials (IU login and passphrase)
- Complete the form making sure to complete all fields:
- What is the TITLE of the faculty member requesting a waiver for?
- What SCHOOL/UNIT is this waiver for?
- What is the FTE?
- To whom are you recommending the OFFER to?
- What is the SALARY proposed?
- Is this a NEW or REPLACEMENT position?
- What is the EXPECTED START DATE?
- Is there an EXPECTED END DATE (provide if so)?
- What is the APPOINTMENT STATUS?
- What are the WAIVER CIRCUMSTANCES (select from list)?
- Provide a detailed explanation of the reason for requesting a waiver
- Provide any departmental administrator comments
- Once complete the data from the form will route to the Office of Academic Affairs for duplication to the WAIVER REQUET in PeopleAdmin.
- The PeopleAdmin posting is then routed to the SCHOOL APPROVER (usually the dean of the school/college).
- Once approved by the SCHOOL APPROVER, the PeopleAdmin posting will route to the OFFICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, and the OFFICE OF ACADEMIC AFFAIRS