At Indiana University, policies are in place to ensure the student receives the highest quality education. This includes ensuring the validity of degree requirements, courses, etc ...
CARMin Remonstrance Process
The Course Approval System is used to request a new course or request a course change. This system is based on approval route nodes; these nodes are linked to your document and the document is routed through a workflow process.
- Initiating a Course Request
Course remonstrance lists for Indiana University are posted at the beginning of each calendar month and remain available for comments, questions, etc. for 30 days.
To file a remonstrance regarding a particular course or to receive additional information about a course or program request, please contact Doug McMillen, Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, at (574) 520-4222 by the deadline for the remonstrance.
For general information about course or program change issues, contact Lydia Turner at (574) 520-4869.
Link to instructions on INITIATING A COURSE REQUEST
- under the heading "Course Approval and Remonstrance CARMin" select "Initiating a Course Request"
Proposing a New Degree, Program, etc.
- Proposing a New Degree, Program, etc.
To propose new programs, degrees, certificates, majors or minors, name changes or other program changes, utilize the routing sheets linked to this page (i.e., the CARMIn system is for individual course approvals, not program-level issues). In addition, the Required Cover Sheet needs to be completed, along with your proposal and curriculum map.
- Routing Sheet | Undergraduate | Graduate
- Cover Sheet
- Curriculum Map
- Transfer Articulation Agreements
Transfer Single Articulation Pathways (TSAP) with other universities
- Non-TSAP Articulation Agreements
All non-TSAP articulations between IU South Bend and Ivy Tech Community College should employ the basic template
- Accounting AS to Business, Accounting Concentration BS
- Biotechnology AS to Biology BS
- Biotechnology AS to Chemistry BS
- Business Administration AS to Business Administration BS
- Computer Science AS to Computer Science BS
- Criminal Justice (courses)
- Dental Hygiene AS to Dental Hygiene BS
- Elementary Education AS to Elementary Education BS
- English AA to English BA
- Fine Arts AFA (courses)
- Fine Arts Visual Communication (courses)
- Foreign Languages AA to Spanish BA
- General Studies AS to General Studies BGS
- History concentration AA to History BA
- Humanities AA to History BA
- Life and Physical Sciences AA to Chemistry BA
- Life and Physical Sciences AS to Chemistry BS
- Mathematics AA to Mathematics BA
- Mathematics AS to Applied Mathematics BS
- Nursing ASN to Nursing BSN
- Nursing RN to Nursing BSN
- Secondary Education - Concentration in Foreign Language (Spanish) AS to Secondary Education, certification in Spanish BS
- Secondary Education - Concentration in Science AS to Secondary Education, certification in Science BS
- Secondary Education - Concentration in Social Studies AS to Secondary Education, certification in Social Studies BS
- Social and Behavioral Sciences AA to Psychology BA
- Social and Behavioral Sciences AA to Sociology BA
- Human Services AS to Social Work BSW