SECTION A: Conference Information
- Name, department, and email contact for your faculty mentor
- Name, department, and email of proposal writer (if different from mentor)
- Name of conference and web address for the conference
- Location of conference
- Dates you propose to travel and number of days for which you are requesting funding
SECTION B: Budget
What do you estimate the travel to cost? Break down the costs as fully as possible using the categories listed below. For each category, provide a brief explanation or justification. The SMART Committee will not fund meals or per diem for student travel. For help with the budget, we urge students to work with their faculty mentors.
- Transportation costs - air or rail ticket price (give name of airline or rail service), auto rental cost (give name of auto rental company), or mileage for use of personal vehicle.
- Registration fee
- Other relevant expenses
SECTION C: Abstracts
Each student (or co-presenters) should provide the following information:
- Personal information: name, university ID, major, and expected graduation date for each author of the presentation.
- Title and a brief abstract of the presentation (no longer than 250 words) that identifies the presenter’s research question, methodology and conclusions.
Your full proposal should be submitted electronically to Erika Zynda as a PDF. Your mentor's letter should be sent by email to the same address.