SECTION A: General Information
Include the following information in your application:
- Project Title
- Student Name
- Address, City/State/Zip
- Email Address
- Daytime Phone
- University ID
- Class Rank: Fr / So / Jr / Sr
- Your Major/Minor
- Expected Graduation Date
- Work Study? Research Required?
- Faculty Mentor/Department
- How did you hear about this program? (if from a professor other than your mentor, include name and department)
- Have you previously been awarded an SMART Award? If YES, give Title of Project, Faculty Mentor, Semester/Year project was begun.
SECTION B: Abstract
- Give the reason (name of conference, etc.), destination, dates, and number of nights.
- Give a brief description of your own involvement in the project being presented, describing what research you have been involved in thus far and where you are taking this project (both research and writing) during the course of this semester.
- Address what you expect to get from the conference. What are you planning to do at the conference and why? How does this correlate with your educational or professional goals?
SECTION C: Budget
What do you estimate your project to cost? Break down each category as fully as possible.
Include transportation costs (ticket price or mileage), registration fee, and lodging. The SMART Committee will not fund meals or per diem for student travel.
SECTION D: Instruction
- If you are presenting a paper attach the paper to your proposal.
- There is no deadline for these proposals.
- The proposal should be submitted electronically to Erika Zynda; the mentor's letter should be sent by e-mail to the same address.