I trust you are all enjoyed the summer—having had time to spend with family and friends.
Once again, we are utilizing a GOOGLE DRIVE folder to hold all edits—both from the departmental editor and myself (to proof the requested change/s against the appropriate linked page/s). To best track changes and maintain the workflow, PDF files are to be uploaded to the folder and not emailed. Most editors will have received the link to the Google Drive folder for their edits. Unfortunately, Google Drive does not send alerts when a new file has been added to a folder, so please send me an email to alert me that a file has been added.
Since there are hundreds of pages in the bulletin, we request that the following naming convention be used (as in past years). The PDFs currently uploaded to the Google Drive folder (for your area) is in correct naming format- please just resave the file using the new date and your initials:
2223-arts-arts-info-DATESENT-INITIALS.pdf. [for instance, 2223-arts-arts-info-081919-mc.pdf]
This will help me identify which pages have been edited
I will then upload the page when complete to the folder with the name. Once that is done, please be sure to proof the page against the appropriate hyperlink in the test site.
The following instructions detail how to save pages to PDFs for editing (please do not use the PDF copy of the bulletin that is linked to the online bulletin):
- In your browser, go to the IU South Bend Bulletin 2022-2023 (https://test.bulletins.iu.edu/iusb/2022-2023/) and then navigate to the pages that pertain to your unit using the tabs titled Main Index/SES, Service; Raclin Arts; Business; Education; Health Sciences; Liberal Arts; Social Work; Graduate Studies …)
- Go to the page which needs to be edited (from the hyperlink)
- On the browser file menu, select [FILE] [PRINT]
- From the menu, select [SAVE AS PDF]
- Give the file a name (see above). Once named, select the [SAVE] button
Edits can be made to the pages in one of two ways:
- Using Adobe Acrobat, use the tools available to note edits
- If extensive changes are required in one paragraph, a document (WORD) can be attached to the PDF
Doug and I would be more than happy to hold sessions to help you with the process, including how to create and modify PDFs. Just let us know.
Please also make note of the featured student on each of the pages—I have reviewed each student’s record to ensure they have not yet graduate/still enrolled; however, many students are listed as Projected Seniors. Since these students would have graduated by the time to 2022-23 bulletin is published, a new student would be needed. Please mention on the PDF whether a new student will be needed—with a possible list of replacement/s.
The bulletin details the requirements students must meet for their degrees. Once published, the requirements and policy can’t be changed until the following academic year. Therefore, it is important that all changes be made prior to the bulletin being published. Please know that the bulletin will be published one month earlier than in previous year—therefore, the deadlines to submit changes, proof corrections, and finalize have been adjusted accordingly. To help facilitate the process, we request first edits be completed by October 5th.
If there is a change in the bulletin editor for 2022-23, please let me know so the editor list can be changed.
Please let me know if you have any questions.