I trust you are all enjoying the summer—and have had time to spend with family and friends.
Before we get started (once again) with editing the 2018-2019 Campus Bulletin, I wanted to pass on an editing idea that has been used by Karen Christopher (College of Liberal Arts and Sciences) for the past couple of years.
Karen has been printing out PDFs for ALL relevant pages to CLAS (accreditation, department information, degree requirements, course descriptions, administrative staff, etc.); and when a change occurs, a note is made to the PDF. Therefore, when the time comes to submit all changes (to me) for the upcoming bulletin, the edits are already made. This has helped to provide needed changes in a very timely and efficient matter.
Please follow the instructions (below) to print pages to PDFs (please do not use the PDF copy of the bulletin that is linked to the online bulletin since…):
- In your browser, go to the IU South Bend Bulletin 2017-2018 (http://bulletins.iu.edu/iusb/2017-2018/degree-listing/index.shtml) and then navigate to the pages that pertain to your unit using the tabs titled Leadership, Degrees, Student Engagement, Courses, Faculty…) | Please note that at the time this email was sent, the bulletin pages for 2018-2019 had not yet been created. Editors should now use only the pages listed on the spreadsheet in the test site.
- Go to the page which needs to be edited
- On the browser file menu, select [FILE] [PRINT]
- From the menu, select [SAVE AS PDF]
- Give the file a name. A suggestion would be to name it the same as the hyperlink address; therefore, it would be easy to provide the information when changes are to be made. The hyperlink address is provided in the browser’s address (do not include the .shtml). Once named, select the [SAVE] button
In the dialog box, provide the file name for the page to be named. One thought would be to name it the same as the hyperlink address; therefore, it would be easy to provide the information when changes are to be made. The hyperlink address is provided in the browser’s address (do not include the .shtml). Once named, select the [SAVE] button.
Edits can be made to the pages in one of two ways:
· Using Adobe Acrobat, use the tools available to note edits
· Print the pages and handwrite the note edits (please know that printed pages will not be accepted when edits are due; only PDF pages will be accepted)
Doug and I would be more than happy to hold sessions to help you with the process, including how to create and modify PDFs. Just let us know.
If there is a change in the appropriate bulletin editor for 2018-2019, please let me know so the editor list can be changed.
Please let me know if you have any questions.