In an effort to streamline and create an easier way to process the submission of recruitment forms, the Office of Affirmative Action in conjunction with the Vice Provost for Faculty and Academic Affairs office have created a group of electronic documents for use by IU departments. The OAA eDocs will allow departments to present their information in an easy to use and thorough fashion that will then be electronically routed onto the School/RC, the Office of Affirmative Action, and the VPFA/VCAA for review and approval.
Completing the Interview Request Edoc
In One.IU, search for the VACANCY NOTICE EDOC (in the SEARCH box)
From the SEARCH results,
Before completing the INTERVIEW REQUEST, it is important to note that there could possibly (probably) be more than one round of interviews–typically phone/skype, etc. interviews; and campus interviews.
- It is NOT NECESSARY to include rationale when submitting a request for the 1st round of interviews (Skype, phone, etc.)
- It IS NECESSARY to include rationale for the candidates requesting to bring to campus to interview. Rationale should be attached to the edoc as a PDF document ONLY
- If a candidate is "on the fence" and could possibly be interviewed after all preferred candidates have been "met" with, they can be included on the INTERVIEW REQUEST. This will prevent the need for an additional INTERVIEW REQUEST in the event the candidate may be called in.
- The OAA will be the number received from Academic Affairs to be used to identify the search on ALL communication
- Select IU South Bend from the dropdown
- Select the SCHOOL from the SCHOOL/RC dropdown
- Type in the DEPARTMENT
- Type in the EXACT TITLE as approved by the Office of Academic Affairs
- Type in the SALARY GRADE
- Type in the ACCOUNT/POSITION
- Select the APPOINTMENT STATUS from the dropdown (Tenure Track, Tenure, Non-Tenure Track)
- List top candidate/s to be interviewed
- APPLICATION DATE
- Select if interviewing or not interviewing
- Type in the total number of APPLICANTS
- Type in any COMMENTS you feel would give back-up to your list of candidates to interview
- In the NOTES section, attach a PDF of the rationale regarding the list of candidates to bring to campus for interviews (required only for Campus Interviews)
- SUBMIT to route the document