Visiting Clinical Assistant Professor of Nursing, Fundamental Skills and Medical-Surgical Nursing
The School of Nursing of Indiana University South Bend, within the Vera Z. Dwyer College of Health Sciences, invites applications for a full-time, ten- month, clinical (non-tenure track) visiting faculty position beginning August 1, 2018.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to teaching undergraduate- level lecture and clinical courses in medical-surgical and fundamental/ assessment skills nursing. Other teaching responsibilities may include clinical lab coordination, assistance with clinical simulation, and other in-person, online or hybrid instruction in relevant areas of expertise.
Additional responsibilities include community service, service to the University and College assignments, development of new courses and degree programs. The School of Nursing’s programs are fully accredited by the Commission in Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and are known for its highly skilled faculty and excellent learning simulations labs.
- An earned master’s degree in nursing is required
- Must have or be eligible to hold a current RN license in Indiana
- Recent medical-surgical acute care nursing experience is required.
- Specialty certification is highly desirable
- Successful candidates will demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills
- Previous teaching experience highly desired
Apply online only at http://indiana.peopleadmin.com/postings/5340
Position Start Date:
August 1, 2018
March 1, 2018
Direct Questions to:
Search committee chair, Sharon Jones, at firstname.lastname@example.org