The Indiana University South Bend Dwyer College School of Nursing invites applications and nominations for the Vera Z. Dwyer Endowed Distinguished Chair in Advanced Nursing Practice.
This is a 12-month appointment with a 3-year renewable contract.
The purpose of the Dwyer Endowed Distinguished Chair in Advanced Practice Nursing is to strengthen the connections between teaching and advance practice through community and/or direct patient care and to contribute to the intellectual growth of graduate nursing students within the School of Nursing. The Dwyer Endowed Distinguished Chair will promote the scholarship of practice as well as serving as an expert teacher-scholar within the School of Nursing and the Vera Z. Dwyer College of Health Sciences.
The position is integral to the implementation of theory-guided, evidence-based advanced nursing practice. The Dwyer Endowed Distinguished Chair in Advanced Practice Nursing will have the opportunity to further one’s own advanced nursing practice and research, enriching the School of Nursing’s profile locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally. The Chair will report to the Chief Nursing Administrator and work closely with the Graduate Nursing Program Director.
The faculty member in this position will:
- Teach graduate students
- Provide nursing-theory guided patient care services as an advanced practice nurse
- Contribute to the expanding role of advance practice nursing in the Dwyer College School of Nursing and community
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of additional graduate nursing programsProvide
- leadership in the area of scholarship as it relates to advanced practice nursing and health care
Teaching and Research:
- Contribute to the teaching mission of the university by teaching
- Assist faculty with advancing knowledge and skills related to teaching and learning
- Establish national and international visibility within nursing through continuing scholarly and/or creative activities
- Assist all nursing students and faculty in writing scholarly articles
- Practice with individuals, families, and communities within the college and community
- Facilitate a Scholarly Lecture for the nursing community annually
- Confer with area healthcare agencies regarding practice models that integrate the use of advance practice nurses.
- Serve on School, College, University, and Community Committees.
Apply online only at http://indiana.peopleadmin.com/postings/5693
Direct Questions to:
Search committee chair, Caitlin Vlaeminck at email@example.com
Position Start Date:
July 1, 2018
April 15, 2018