The following timetable is suggested for the award selection procedure):
- Reminder to the Academic Cabinet (January meeting)
- Nominations due to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs (April 30)
- Creation of teaching portfolio: The Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and the Director of UCET shall be available for consultation as necessary
- Completed teaching portfolio and one additional copy are provided to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs for evaluation (August 15)
- Teaching portfolio provided to Selection Committee in early September
- Decision of Selection Committee (end of September)
- Award winner(s) shall be announced at either the November or December Academic Senate Meeting
In order to be considered for an All-University Teaching Award, one need not be a recipient of an IU South Bend Distinguished Teaching Award. Letters from the Chancellor, Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, and appropriate unit Deans, Directors, and/or Chairs should be a part of all teaching portfolios forwarded to IU Bloomington for an All-University Teaching Award.
Any faculty member who presents a teaching portfolio for consideration for the IU South Bend Distinguished Teaching Award and is not selected as a recipient will have his or her portfolio returned through his or her respective campus unit. The nominee may elect to submit the portfolio for consideration the year immediately following the initial submission without the need for re-nomination. If the nominee elects to resubmit the portfolio, he or she will include additional documentation for the second year of consideration. After being considered for two successive years, the faculty member must be re-nominated to be considered again.